Contact Us

Practice Areas

Office Location

Denver's Top Medical Malpractice Attorney

Denver Facial Paralysis Attorney

Courthouse image

When new life begins, a lot of things can go wrong. One of the most common problems involves paralysis of the face, which can limit a child’s ability to form expressions or to blink. On the bright side, more than 80% of these children recover naturally within six months, but that still leaves 20% with facial paralysis. While surgery can help, it still does not resolve 20% of the cases, which means 4% of all children who have facial paralysis will never be cured. If you have given birth to a child with facial paralysis, a Denver medical malpractice lawyer can help you claim compensation.

If your child has to go through facial surgery to repair the damage to the nerves, it will be an expensive process and you will face massive bills, even if the surgery is unsuccessful. Your Denver medical malpractice attorney can help you receive damages to cover this surgery, to cover the original medical expenses related to delivery and pre-natal care, and to cover your family’s suffering that has resulted from the paralysis.

Obstetricians are required to pay the utmost attention to a developing fetus to ensure it is growing normally and is not facing any potential dangers. During childbirth, doctors and nurses involved need to watch for any signs of risk and then take immediate action to negate these hazards. When the medical staff fails to do their duty and a child has a paralyzed face as a result, they can be held liable for their negligence and your Denver medical malpractice lawyer can make sure this happens within a reasonable time period.

As soon as a baby is born with facial paralysis, doctors need to evaluate the severity of the condition to determine whether or not facial surgery is needed. If they decide that the condition will work itself out and elect not to perform surgery until it is too late, they may also be held responsible.

If your child was born with facial paralysis, please call a Denver medical malpractice attorney from The Law Office of Titus Peterson.